Part- Time Diploma
of Make-up Artistry
- 5pm – 8pm
- Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The course is for 36 weeks over a
44 week period
- Monday - 5 February 2018 - Intake FULL
- Tuesday - 24 July 2018
- $6,000.00 NZ dollars
- All applicants must be 18 years and over UNLESS you are in your last year of school wanting to get a head start on your career.
The Part Time Diploma Course is the same as the Eight Week Diploma but runs two nights a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Glamour make-up
- Make-up for black and asian skin
- Make-up for males
- Make-up through the decades
- Make-up for commercial, moving and still camera
- A professional photo shoot with photographer
Stephen Goodenough and two professional models for each student.
- Lectures on preparation and involvement on photo shoots, and at weddings and fashion shows. Also learning a good basis for business and professionalism when going to a job and follow through.
- Focus study on perfecting application of foundation and skin correcting
- Face shape and bone structure
- - including highlighting and contouring
- The importance of blending
- Eye brow shaping and false eye lash application
- Natural make-up application
- Wedding make-up
- Smoky eyes
- High fashion looks as well as focusing on current trends for all photography
Guest tutors will include other working make-up artists, hairstylists and photographers, such as Bliss Hairdressing and Stephen Goodenough. This expertise will expose students to meticulous skills in both technical and creative aspects.
Diploma of Make-up Artistry students only need to bring themselves and an enthusiasm to learn, as Kristen Stewart School of Make-Up provides an excellent professional make-up kit supplied by M.A.C, that has everything needed to get students started. A professional hair-kit is also supplied, which includes hairspray from Redken and a range of other styling tools supplied independently. Kristen Stewart School of Make-Up also has a large range of M.A.C and Redken products at the school for the students use.
Students of the Diploma of Make-up Artistry may also have the opportunity to work with Portfolio Models & Talent Agency, assisting at their Teenage Workshop in the school holidays.
The workshop covers posture, grooming, hair and skin care, make-up application, nutrition, exercise, introduction to television castings, photo shoot and wardrobe coordination. Kristen Stewart School of Make Up students will be providing make-up application assistance and styling for the models.
On completion of the course every student receives an industry recognised Diploma of Make-up Artistry certificate, and depending on their level of ability, can be awarded varying levels of distinction.
This is an intensive course providing future make-up artists with specific training to get ahead in their career in the fashion and photographic industry.
On the last week of the course you have a professional photo shoot with Stephen Goodenough and models from Portfolio to acquire pictures for your portfolio.