Diploma of Make-up Artistry
- 9am – 4pm
- Monday – Friday
- 8 Weeks Intensive
- 4 courses per year
- Monday - 15 October 2018 - PLACES AVAILABLE
- Monday - 28 January 2019
- Monday - 29 April 2019
- Monday - 22 July 2019
- Monday - 14 October 2019
- $6,000.00 NZ dollars
- All applicants must be 16 years or over.
Classes will run throughout the year and are deliberately kept small to maximise the learning potential and outcome of students. Limiting the numbers to 10 students per course to ensure there is plenty of one-on-one focus from the tutor to student.
- Glamour make-up
- Make-up for black and asian skin
- Make-up for males
- Make-up through the decades
- Make-up for commercial, moving and still camera
- A professional photo shoot with photographer
Stephen Goodenough and two professional models for each student.
- Lectures on preparation and involvement on photo shoots, and at weddings and fashion shows. Also learning a good basis for business and professionalism when going to a job and follow through.
- Focus study on perfecting application of foundation and skin correcting
- Face shape and bone structure
- - including highlighting and contouring
- The importance of blending
- Eye brow shaping and false eye lash application
- Natural make-up application
- Wedding make-up
- Smoky eyes
- High fashion looks as well as focusing on current trends for all photography
Guest tutors will include other working make-up artists, hairstylists and photographers, such as Lucy Clare Hairdressing and Stephen Goodenough. This expertise will expose students to meticulous skills in both technical and creative aspects.
Diploma of Make-up Artistry students only need to bring themselves and an enthusiasm to learn, as Kristen Stewart School of Make-Up provides an excellent professional make-up kit supplied by M.A.C, that has everything needed to get students started. A professional hair-kit is also supplied, which includes hairspray from Redken and a range of other styling tools supplied independently. Kristen Stewart School of Make-Up also has a large range of M.A.C and Redken products at the school for the students use.
Students of the Diploma of Make-up Artistry may also have the opportunity to work with Portfolio Models & Talent Agency, assisting at their Teenage Workshop in the school holidays.
The workshop covers posture, grooming, hair and skin care, make-up application, nutrition, exercise, introduction to television castings, photo shoot and wardrobe coordination. Kristen Stewart School of Make Up students will be providing make-up application assistance and styling for the models.
On completion of the course every student receives an industry recognised Diploma of Make-up Artistry certificate, and depending on their level of ability, can be awarded varying levels of distinction.
This is an intensive course providing future make-up artists with specific training to get ahead in their career in the fashion and photographic industry.
On the last week of the course you have a professional photo shoot with Stephen Goodenough and models from Portfolio to acquire pictures for your portfolio.